At SGBEST.com, we take your privacy very seriously. We only require details needed to complete your order and improve your online shopping experience. We only use these details for our own records and never sell them to third parties.
What information do we collect?
We will collect your personal details when you sign up as a member. It is important that you provide us with all of the correct details required. We need these, first of all to send you your item and we may need to contact you if there is a problem with your order.
Secondly, we also need to have the correct detail of your credit card in order for us to receive your payment and ensure that all our security checks can be carried out.
When payment is made with your credit card, the details sent to us over a 128-bit encrypted connection for your security and peace of mind. Our website is registered under VeriSign which protect the transfer of sensitive data on Web sites, intranets, and extranets using a minimum of 40-bit and up to 256-bit encryption.
Cookies are pieces of information about you, which are stored in your own computer. The only piece of information we keep about you on your PC is your username. No personal information such as contact details or credit card numbers is stored in cookies. It is important for you to have cookies "switched on" on your browser for our basket software to function properly.
We analyse log files for market research purposes to see how popular our site is and which areas can be improved. The statistics software we use does not allow us to track the browsing habits of individual users.
Changes to this policy
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website, session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for a much longer time (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly and enhance your experience. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
Information Collection and Use
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
- We collect information about you for 3 reasons: Firstly, registering you as a user for our web site. Secondly, to process your order and thirdly, to provide you with the best possible service.
- We are the sole owner of the personally identifiable information collected on this site.
- We will not disclose, share, transfer, sell or rent personally identifiable information to any third party.
- We would not display or make publicly available, whether through online directories, customer lists or otherwise, the personally identifiable information collected.
- We do not use "cookies" or any other tracking technologies to collect information from users of our web site.
- When our payment gateway asks users to enter sensitive information, that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software (VeriSign) in the industry.
While on a secure page, such as our registration form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just "surfing".
- Members will occasionally receive email on special promotions we hold. Out of respect for the privacy of our users, users may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to remove in the subject line in the email.
- If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or remove your personal data at the member information page or by emailing our Customer Support.